How to setup a new license on a new computer - Users NOT using the Purchase Portal
Created by: Aaron Housley
Modified on: Mon, 7 Dec, 2020 at 10:33 AM
- The first thing you need to do is send the new user a link to download the software package (VS or vsHome). The easiest way to do this is by forwarding them the link & log in details to the online download area (the one you receive via email whenever you get a new update).
- Next you need to log into Protect-It remote, and click the ‘i’ icon on the left of the license you want to share.
- Here you will find a code which looks like ‘#SL-1234AABB12435..’. You need to copy this code & send it to the new user.
- Once the user has downloaded the software from the online download area, upon opening the software they will receive a ‘license error’ message. To create a new license on their machine, the new user needs to click ‘create new’ and enter the new license code you have just sent to them.
- The new user should now be able to open & use the software as normal. If the process has worked correctly the license will now be showing as ‘active’ in Protect-It.
For new users
- Your administrator will send you a link to download the software from, along with log in details to get into the online download area.
- Download the software; 32- or 64-bit depending on your machine specifications (make sure you run the installer to complete the installation process).
- You should also receive an ‘#SL-1234AABB12435..’. code from your administrator.
- When you open the software for the first time, input this code by clicking ‘Create new’ when prompted to create a new license on your machine.
- You should then be able to open & use the software as normal.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.