If your software crashes completely and the program closes, or the view screen goes black when you try to view a model in 3D, the likelihood is that your graphics driver on your PC needs to be updated. Follow the steps below to rectify this problem.
Check which graphics drivers your PC has
- Go to the file explorer and right click on ‘This PC’, and then click ‘Properties’ at the bottom
- Scroll down and on the right hand side and click ‘Device Manager’.
- Click ‘Display adaptors’ to show the list of graphics drivers your PC has, and take a note of each (this may be more than one).
Updating the driver
- To update the driver you need to go to the driver manufacturer’s website & download the latest version of the driver software – a list of links for common graphics manufacturers are included at the end of this post.
- Select the correct download from the list of drivers available.
- Download & install the driver.
- This needs to be done for each individual graphics driver on your machine if it has more than one.
Please note a simple windows update will often not be sufficient to fix this problem.
Either find your device here:
Or run the auto-detector & installer here:
AMD Radeon: https://www.amd.com/en/support